1. Economic survey is published by
A. Ministry of Finance
B. Planning commission
C. Government of India
D. Indian Statistical Institute
2. In which state in India the average rainfall is 200 metres?
D. Arunachal Pradesh
3. Which one of the following plants is popularly grown along the road for absorbing vehicular pollutants?
4. Which Indian state has the least literacy rate?
C. Arunachal Pradesh
5. For which of the following sports the famous “Golden Ball Award” is presented?
6. What can be the maximum interval between two sessions of Parliament?
A. 3 months
B. 4 months
C. 6 months
D. 9 months
7. In which state in India the average rainfall is 200 metres?
D. Arunachal Pradesh
8. The first secret ruler who issued coins —
B. Chandragupta First
D. Chandragupta Second
9. Gilt-edged market means
A. Bullion market
B. Market of government securities
C. Market of guns
D. Market of pure metals
10. The central banking functions in India are performed by the
I. Central Bank of India
II. Reserve Bank of India
III. State Bank of India
IV. Punjab National Bank
A. I, II
D. II, III
11. Which among the following formulates fiscal policy?
B. Finance Ministry
D. Planning Commission
12. What kind of economy is there in India?
13. How many members are in the GST Council of India?
14. Deficit financing means the government borrows money from the –
A. International Monetary Fund
B. Ministry of Finance
C. Reserve Bank of India
D. World Trade Organization
15. Price theory is also known as
A. Macro Economics
B. Development Economics
C. Public Economics
D. Micro Economics
16. The gradation and standardization of agricultural products are conducted through
A. Food Corporation of India
B. Directorate of Marketing and Inspection
C. Indian Standards Institution
D. Central Statistical Organization
17. Devaluation of a currency means
A. Reduction in the value of a currency vis-a-vis major internationally traded currencies
B. Permitting the currency to seek its worth in the international market
C. Fixing the value of the currency in conjunction with the movement in the value of a basket of pre-determined currencies
D. Fixing the value of currency in multilateral consultation with the IMF, the World Bank and major trading partners
18. If all the banks in an economy are nationalized and converted into a monopoly bank, the total deposits
A. will decrease
B. will increase
C. will neither increase nor decrease
D. None of the above